NURSERY / RECEPTION PARENTS SEPTEMBER 2022
Parents can download an application form and supplementary ethnicity form for St Thomas More and return to school if you wish your child to attend St. Thomas More School. You must bring a birth and baptismal certificate (if not baptised at St Thomas More church) and proof of address with you when you return the form.
This gives the school a clear picture of expected numbers over the next few years and helps to organise our resources. It is never too early to return your child's completed application form.
The Rochdale Local Authority has requested that parents must also apply online for Reception 2022 from September 2021 at:- www.rochdale.gov.uk/schooladmissions the closing date for applications is the 15th January 2022.
If you wish to apply for a place for a child in any other year group, please contact the school to check if there are any vacancies in the first instance. Then ask for a within school year transfer from from your current school and send with a covering letter explaining the reason you want your child to move schools, to the Chair of Governors C/O St Thomas More R.C. Primary School.
ADMISSION POLICY Main School
As Servants of God, we follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ. Through His love, we guide each member of our family on their own spiritual and learning journey to achieve and grow.
We Love, We Learn, We Live with Christ.
St Thomas More R.C. Primary School is established in the Diocese of Salford and is maintained by the Rochdale Local Authority as a Voluntary Aided School to form, in partnership with home and parish, an integral part of that local Catholic faith community which bears the mission of the Church to embrace the gospel of Christ, to live by its values, and to proclaim Christ as the light of all peoples. A key role of the school is to assist parents of baptised Catholics to fulfill the responsibilities taken on at their child’s baptism. By striving to be a Christ-centered community providing excellent education, the school will also play its part in the witness and mission of St Thomas More church. The parish of St Thomas More & St Peter’s are amalgamated and each school has its own catchment area. The catchment area of St Thomas More is detailed in the Admission notes
The school’s Governing Body is the Admissions Authority and is responsible for taking decisions on applications for admissions. For each school year commencing September 2022, the Governing Body has set its planned admission number at 45.
Admissions to the school will be made by the Governing Body in accordance with all preferences listed on the Local Authority preference form. They will be considered on an equal basis following a priority order where there are more applications for admissions than the school has places available at the time of application.
STATEMENT OF ETHOS
The Catholic Faith and the Teachings of the Catholic Church have an essential role in school life and influence every aspect of the curriculum. We ask all parents applying for a place here to respect this ethos and its importance to the school community. This does not affect the right of parents who are not of the faith of this school to apply for and be considered for a place here.
- Baptised Catholic Looked After children and previously Looked After children.
- Baptised Catholic children, who will have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission and resident in the catchment area of St. Thomas More Primary School. (Sibling shall include stepsiblings, half siblings and children of the family resident with the applicant child).
- Baptised Catholic children, resident in the catchment area of St Thomas More Primary School.
- Other baptised Catholic children, who will have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission.
- Other baptised Catholic children who are resident in the catchment area of St Peter’s Primary School or Our Lady of the Assumption Langley.
- Other baptised Catholic children.
- Other Looked After children and previously Looked After children.
- Baptised Catholic children whose parent is a member of staff at St Thomas More School but living outside the catchment area of St Thomas More Primary School.
- Other children, who will have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission, who are resident in the catchment area of St Thomas More Primary School. (Sibling shall include stepsiblings, half siblings and children of the family resident with the applicant child).
- Other children, who are resident in the catchment of St. Thomas More Primary School.
- Other children.
Failure to provide the requested evidence (see notes) or misrepresentation of the place of residence and / or baptismal status may lead to the withholding of any offered place or where a child has been admitted the admitted child shall not rank as an admitted sibling.
This was agreed at the Governing Body Meeting on 11TH November 2020
School Admission Policy notes
The Nursery Admission Policy is slightly different from above. Please click on the link below to access the policy.
As part of the Governments 30 hours free entitlement scheme. You now have the choice to take up a full time 30 hours place in our Nursery. For more information visit websites below or click on the document with more information.