As the Headteacher of St Thomas More Roman Catholic Primary School I am delighted to welcome you to our school. Education is a partnership between home, school and parish. We believe that children learn best when all three work together for the benefit of our children.
The website will give you a “flavour” for what goes on here and should prepare you before your child starts school.
I look forward to seeing you in the near future.
As Servants of God, we follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ. Through His love, we guide each member of our family on their own spiritual and learning journey to achieve and grow.
We Love, We Learn, We Live with Christ.
The Distinctive Nature of Education in our Catholic School
Education is concerned with the whole development of the child. It affects his/her spiritual and physical growth as well as the intellectual and psychological development.
The primary source of all human growth is the home. Here under the guidance of the family, children best discover how to be themselves and to grow in God’s love.
‘Since parents have conferred life on their children they have the most solemn obligation to educate their offspring. Hence parents must be acknowledged as the first and foremost educators of their children. Their role as educators is so decisive that scarcely anything can compensate for their failure in it.'
(Vatican Document on Christian Education)
The Aims of the School
- To create a Catholic ethos in the school.
- To introduce Jesus Christ through the liturgy and practices of the Catholic Church.
- To fulfill the unique role of the school in preparing children for the sacramental programme, in partnership with home and parish.
- To create an environment where each child and member of staff is able to realise their full potential.
- To encourage and facilitate the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of children within the parish, home, school and the community.
- To organise, deliver and monitor the curriculum for the maximum benefit of children and staff.