Reporting to Parents
Pupil premium grant expenditure: Report to parents: 2015/16
Overview of the school
PE AND SPORT GRANT - New Funding £9,305
- Pooling funding with local Catholic Primary Schools to employ a specialist PE teacher to work alongside teachers in lessons to further develop subject knowledge in PE
- Buying into Rochdale School Sports partnership
- Procuring external sports coaches to further enhance curriculum provision.
- Paying for transport, pool hire and instruction to provide additional swimming lessons for KS2 pupils.
- Establishing partnerships with local community sports clubs
- Participation within Middleton Primary School Sports Association
- Provision of broad range of After School Clubs
- Providing cover staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and Sport.
- Purchasing specialist equipment and teaching resources.
MEASURING THE IMPACT OF PE AND SPORT GRANT
- Standards raised in teaching and learning of PE through working with specialist PE teacher from Cardinal Langley and investment in quality CPD.
- Significant number of KS2 children involved in Football, Netball and Swimming competitions via the Rochdale School Sports Partnership.
- Specialist sports coaches employed by the school in Swimming.
- Established swimming programme in place for all KS2 children (180) during the Autumn Term 2014.
- Links with local tennis club and golf club established (May 2015)
- Over 100 KS2 children involved in competitive sport (Football, Swimming, Netball, Cross Country) due to the schools long established involvement in the Middleton Primary School's Sports Association.
- Broad range of Sports based 'After School clubs' providing opportunities to develop skills in Football, Netball, Swimming and Dance.
- The school has had another incredibly successful competitive sporting year. The Cross Country Championship was secured in the Autumn Term 2014. The Swimming Team are Middleton and Rochdale Champions for the seventh time. The Football team had an extraordinary year, remaining undefeated and winning all competitions that they entered. They secured six trophies in an amazing season.